New dawn emerges and another upgrade of cell phone technology has been produced. Due to innovations 4G was produced such as HSPA (High Speed Packet Access), LTE (Long Term Evolution) and WiMAX wireless technology has been developed.
Phones which belong to a 4G category have download and upload speed 10 times faster than 3G phone’s downloading and uploading speed. 3G phones have only a max download speed of about 3.5 Mbps which is a bit slow while 4G phones can maximize its capacity using a high speed internet connection.
We can simply say that 4G devices are somewhat or equal to the computers’ capacity.
4G phone features:
- Compared to personal computers and laptop; phones which are equipped with 4G technology also have increased processors that can reach up to 1GHz.
- Increased uploading and downloading capability which can go up to 40 Mbps that can accommodate high speed internet.
- It can be directly connected through a computer without using wires at the same time manipulating some features of the computer.
- Phone calls can also be made through the computer.
Problems concerning 4G phones and mobile security
- Due to its more complicated features and multiple methods in which 4G phones can be connected, there are increased chances of hacking problems that might occur. Such problems also include possible hacking through mobile funds, personal information, passwords, determining the location and many more.
- Malware and viruses can be also a great threat in these kinds of devices.
- Risks are also being increased using a wireless network such as a broadband connection and wireless internet.
Having a mobile security application on your 4G phone
Mobile security decreases significantly the chances of the 4G phone to be infected with viruses or malware and being hacked.
A high speed internet technology device also comes with a price, it’s elegant and almost similar to a personal computer and laptop concepts also gives it almost the same problems.
Anti-viruses are also common with this type of phone, known anti-virus names are McAfee, AVG, Intego and more. This kind of applications eliminates viruses, malware or worms and helps the phone return to its normal state.
Applications which prevent viruses also pose some great risk as it sometimes are the one which has the virus itself; some anti-virus applications are also the one being attacked which can infect your 4G phone.
Trusted anti-virus applications are needed to ensure safety and to prevent the 4G phone to be damaged.
There is also another feature which increases mobile security such as firewall. This kind of application blocks advertisements or popups that may contain viruses.
Especially when the iPhone was jailbroken, unnecessary files from the application which you have downloaded such as advertisements will be blocked.
4G phones are another breakthrough in terms of technology, its handiness and leveled up features really beats the previous generation kind of phones.
Maybe soon 4G phones will compete with the personal computer and laptop industry in terms with the internet speed and maybe some other feature will also be added.
Nevertheless, 4G phones these days have some issues which needed to improve to give the user’s its quality service and competency.
About the Author: Tom R. is a certified tech enthusiast, he mainly writes tech topics related to broadband, 4G, satellite, VoIP and have an interest in many other areas as well. If you are looking for a cable provider, comparison websites such as this one make it a breeze.