Internet is the most epochal creation of the 20th century. Internet is a vast sea of information which gives you the opportunity to gain knowledge on very subject under the sun.
Can you understand now why Internet is considered as a valuable tool for business world and the academic field at the same time? Internet has elevated the bar of communication to a new height – link with anyone you feel like.
Connecting your PC to the internet service shrinks the whole world into your PC screen. But is the Internet a safe place to roam about for kids and teens?
Much like other technologies, Internet too is a dangerous and sleazy place and kids are more vulnerable to this. If you are concerned with your child’s safety over the web, teach your child some internet safety rules.
Yes, internet security is the feature that enables you to use this wonderful technical creation securely. What are those tips of internet safety for your child? Take a look…
Web Security Guidelines for Your Kids
- Kids are novice to the internet world. So, it is responsibility of the parents to educate them about the hazards and advise them not to divulge their personal information like email address, contact details, residential address, security number and other such stuffs without knowing the person completely.
- Chatting or surfing the social networking sites should be restricted for kids. Even if they do so, see to it that they use gender-neutral usernames.
- Kids are innocent and hence, it is quite likely for them to share their password or any photograph with a close friend over the internet. Make sure that your kid does not send any of their pictures without your prior permission or disclose their password to anyone they feel like.
- Meeting someone who is only seen online – doesn’t this sound to be an exciting act? This excitement draws the teens and young generation to meet online persons whom they have never met in person before.
- It is important to set certain rules regarding using the Internet. They must have a fixed time to get online, a fixed time duration when they can stay online and have appropriate knowledge of the sites they are allowed to visit.
- Kids are new to the internet scams and phishing mails and hence, they have the tendency to reply to all these mails. Instruct your children not to response to any mails which make them uncomfortable.
- Several mail attachments contain virus – this is something they must know when they start surfing the internet. Hence, kids, be cautious before downloading any mail attachments from unknown senders.
- Teens and young generation is warned not to download or install any software they come across since installing anything can jeopardize your PC system. You should not act in a way that can impose threat to your privacy and system.
Is your kid Internet savvy? This is an important consideration when your child enters the Internet world. Prior surfing the internet, it is essential that kids have the minimum education about this web world. Don’t you feel the same?
About the Author: To know about the loopholes of the Internet world, you can contact the best online computer help professional, Henry Louis. You can get valuable tips for secure web browsing.