Not only is a computer without antivirus software susceptible to attacks, it’s more than likely affected already. Every day, new malware, spyware, Trojans, and worms make their first appearance into cyberspace. Such threats are specially designed to slip past common security measures and pose as surprise attacks on your PC.
How Virus Protection Has Improved
The overall scope of viruses has changed. What once was simply annoying pranks has now become perilous threats which possess the power to destroy your computer and to enable one to steal your identity. Basic security solutions used to bring about heavy system slowdowns that were too intense to tolerate along with popup security warnings.
Today, you can have the very best of antivirus protection without greatly sacrificing PC performance. Thanks to advanced technologies and programs that are user-friendly, the antivirus software you use not only protects your computer, but makes it run faster too.
The newest antivirus software was created with an advanced heuristic approach. As antivirus programs continue to improve, so does the need for actions that promote better behavior, checking, and file-reputation analysis. Recent products utilize in-the-cloud security as other advanced technologies make them safer and easier to use. Enhancements are made in antivirus applications, battery-saving settings, gamer modes, and integrated web-link scanners, not only to make them more versatile, but to provide more features and better functionality.
What to Look for In an Antivirus Program
Before choosing antivirus software, you will want to visit the Top Ten Reviews site. This source provides a side-by-side comparison of the most superb programs along with buying guides, reviews, security tips, tricks, and videos to aide you in making a wise choice. According to lab tests conducted, the top three antivirus programs are: Bitdefender Antivirus, Kapersky Antivirus, and Panda Antivirus Pro.
Not all security software packages are alike. In fact, all programs have their pros and cons along with mediocre attributes. There are numerous antivirus programs to choose from and overall, these programs greatly vary from one-another. How these programs are rated depends on their effectiveness and ease of use. Top-ranked applications ensure optimal security and user-friendly tools.
When evaluating antivirus software, keep these tips in mind:
- Installation and Setup – Installing and setting up antivirus software should be fast and simple. Making the first scan should be self-intuitive as well.
- Efficiency – How well does the program safeguard your computer against viruses? Lots of fancy features and a colorful interface don’t compensate for a low level of protection. Therefore, it is essential to obtain antivirus effectiveness from a site that has sources from industry-standard security testers and professional security organizations as Top Ten Reviews.
- User-Friendliness – A great antivirus program should not necessitate reading a thick user’s manual. Even beginners must be able to run scans with it and everyday computer users expect it to run in the background without annoying interruptions. Frequent maintenance must not be required. Also, the program must be versatile enough to do exactly what you want it to do including running automatically on a scheduled basis.
- Overall Protection – The vast majority antivirus programs claim to have multi-layered protection and 360º defense, yet others are even more thorough. Not only do the best antivirus programs protect a PC against spyware, Trojans, worms, and viruses, but also defend it from email threats, keyloggers, phishing scams, and rootkits. While none of these programs offer complete, guaranteed internet security, they should be able to ward off as many threats in as possible.
- Features – A good antivirus program typically has all the features that security experts need. Added features must offer greater performance, security, and usability benefits.
- Updates – An antivirus program is only as effective as its last update. New viruses are being discovered every day and therefore, your definition list should be updated accordingly and automatically. Likewise, you should be able to get quicker updates that don’t slow down your PC. The highest quality of security providers prompt you with updates as they become available.
- Technical Support – Where do you turn to when you need help? Every program must come with a printed manual. The manufacturer of a great software program should offer technical support both online and off. Customers with questions or troubleshooting needs are typically offered support via email, online chats, or over the phone. Nowadays, most all software companies have their own website that provides a knowledge base, FAQs, and tutorials.
Whatever antivirus security system you choose, it should setup and install easily, be simple to operate, and must run in the background without user intervention. If you have questions or trouble running the software, there should be more than one way to obtain support. Your decision should be made on quality, not price. Finally, read online reviews to see what other users have to say about each product before choosing one.
About the Author: Publishnprosper researches various computer topics and posts articles online with tips about keeping your computers safe and secure as well as your networks and smart devices. He also offers coupons on quality antivirus and antimalware programs such as Kaspersky and Bitdefender.