This is a guest post by Abel Wike. If you are interested to guest post in this blog, just head over to the Guest Post Guidelines.
E-commerce is an emerging paradigm of online technology. Since last many years’ people tend to buy online instead of local shopping due to transparency, reasonable cost and free shipping facility so if you get everything online then why people should spend time and transport expense.
But buyer should be careful before buying online anything. There are many fraud case registered before government for online shopping. We should take advantage of latest technology but aware of some points which are really considerable in online shopping or E-commerce.
- Secure site: Shopper should check the address bar of the site whether it shows http:// or https://. Because http:// is not a safe and secure site to purchase anything it may not secure site to process the payment information securely. SSL certificate offers a green bar or pad lock in left side or bottom side of site that means site is secure for online monetary transactions.
- Familiar site: Buyer should shop from well-known sites or should search their reviews first because there are many sites may steal your credit or debit card information and even harm your bank balance. Always investigate the site by calling their executives and ask for company’s business details. Shopper can research a company compare to business bureau.
- Marketing tactics: When buyer visits site and surf the site there are cookies that will set in your browser automatically and monitor on your buying habits hence next time you visit the site your preference match products will appear on screen forcing to buy them. E-commerce site owner follows behavior of a person in buying object this will help them to focus on demanded products rather than other products, it will increase their profit and serve you in a better way.
- Payment types: Today many payment types available for shoppers. Credit card, debit card, money transfer, cash on delivery. To avoid fraud please always use credit card or cash on delivery option. If you utilize debit card or money transfer then hacker will identify the bank account no. and can harm your financial position. Credit card comes under consumer protection act hence you are safe in such fraud and immoral act.
- Spare information: If any website wants any personal or habitual details rather than name, address or any detail is required for online transaction then kindly avoid filling such information because it may behave like spam or phishing. Sometimes phishing companies want individual information in depth to realize you’re buying pattern and if you are not aware the information will be used for malicious purpose.
- Password: Always keep your password lengthy with numeric numbers or case sensitive. Never show your password to anyone try to keep some unique password instead of your name, birth date, license no. It will decrease a chance of fraud.
- Order Print: When you place your order to site it will show preview of order hence you should save a copy of it. It shows company’s name, address, confirmation no., product no, order cost etc. Such copy of order will help us for further dispute if arise with company and act as evidence against company.
- Shipping facility: Always consider the shipping facility and cost provide by the site. Company always places terms about geographical limit for shipping, free shipping, shipping medium, shipping cost, and shipping insurance.
At last, if we take into account the above information then shopping will be an enjoyable and risk free experience for us.
About the Author: Abel Wike at ClickSSL.com, is one of the leading SSL security certificates provider globally and Authenticate Platinum Partner of GeoTrust (Symantec, Thawte and RapidSSL). Our all certificates are same as our vendors sell directly. We are hereby; focus on SSL and related security. This allows us to be experts in the field.