This is a guest post by Alice Freriksen. If you are interested to guest post in this blog, just head over to the Guest Post Guidelines.
Internet information service (IIS) let you to engage one site on each IP address which using port 443 for SSL certificate. After issue of SSL certificate, you have to install it to the server from where the appeal was produced. IIS 7 is a web server application developed by Microsoft. IIS 7 secures Client certificate mapping, IP security, Request filtering, URL authorization.
Configuration of Wildcard SSL in IIS-7
- Click on start key of your desktop then go to admin tool and click on Internet information service
- Select server name then double click on “server certificate” key in the security division which is on tail end of the menu
- Click on “Create Certificate Request” which is reside on the right side of screen.
- This will open the Request Certificate wizard.
- In the “Cryptographic Service Provider Properties” window, Select (Microsoft RSA SChannel and 2048) and then Click Next.
- Enter a filename and location to save your CSR. You will need this CSR to enroll for your IIS SSL Certificate.
- save it on disk on your server with a .cer extension then click on “complete Certificate Request” which is reside on the right side of screen.
- browse your certificate file and furnish a friendly user name.
- click “OK” button to install the certificate
- After installing certificate just enforce a name to your server from “connection” menu which is in IIS manager window.
- Under “site” option choose the web site which you need to secure.
Now from the right corner of screen select “Action menu” and click on “binding” and a site binding window will appear.
Finally, click “ADD” and a window will open where you choose “http” under type menu and select “All unassigned” so in port column a number “443” will be appeared. Now specify SSL certificate in column which was installed early then click”OK”.
Congratulations! Your Wildcard SSL certificate is installed successfully.
Author Bio: Alice Freriksen as a employee of the SSLMatrix – Globally SSL Certificate reseller RapidSSL. I have both core software development knowledge and technology skills. My expertise is to Recognizes new opportunities and acts to take advantage of them.
Featured Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net