Internet banking is pretty common today where most of us doesn’t want to physically appear in a bank to do any banking transaction. A lot of us prefer to do it at work or home where you don’t have to spend your valuable time travelling.
As a demand to that with mobile phones had been widely use, the internet banking had been brought over to the mobile. Although not all area banking through your mobile, but many of us had been doing internet banking via mobile phone. [Read: 7 Tips for a Better Online Banking Security]
But have anyone of us concern about the security of mobile banking? Is the concept to stay secure in desktop internet banking similar to mobile? The answer is, not entirely.
The basic concept to be secure is there but there are some precautions that you need to take into consideration as well. Such as:
- Does you mobile has an antivirus?
- Does your mobile antivirus only offer you file scanning or real time protection?
- Does your mobile has anti-phishing feature?
- Do you Root or Jailbreak your phone? [Read: How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Without Connecting to Your Computer]
- Finally, is your phone secure?
I might not had provide you the best tips in IT Security Column, but this morning I had stumbled upon a post on Mobile Banking Security from SecurityNewsDaily which is worth checking out if you are a regular mobile banking user.