Do you have a very nice movie in DVD which you wanted to watch it on your iPad,iPhone, Android Phone or Tablet?
Yes, I have and that is why today I am writing this on my very own security blog. Before you step into knowing how to convert, let’s get into some basic.
The Video Formats
As far as I know, you can’t simply convert into a movie format and transfer to your device. You need to know what type of video format that they support.
The video format that supports the iPad/iPhone:
The video format that supports most Android Phone/Tablet:
I’m pretty sure that those three are the only supported video format for Apple products. However, since Android is open-source, there could be more type of video format supported. Based on what I can get from the official site, I can only find these three. Usually, I will convert into H.264 for all the video formats.
The DVD Converter which I used
All this while, I had been using only one video converter and it is the WinX DVD Ripper Platinum (Grab the trial version here). It is a single converter which can load from your DVD or ISO and convert it into multiple types of format such as iPad, iPhone, Samsung, iPod, PSP, 3GP, FLV and many more.
The other which I like to stick with this converter is simply because it can be as simple to use as possible simply by selecting the device that you want to convert to from the combo box. It also allows easy to use customization interface on the converting parameters such as bitrate, resolution, video frame rate and etc.
How convert the DVD to Desired Video Format
1. First of all, insert your DVD into your computer.
2. Start the converter which I had mentioned above.
3. Notice from the screenshot above, you can load your DVD from the option on your top left.
4. Once the DVD is loaded, you will see that all the movies will be split into several section where you can choose to select certain section only.
5. You also need to specify the output of the ripped video.
6. Notice the box which is colored with Green, those are all the formats that you can convert to. It is really a lot and this makes your converting easy. If you are an advanced user, you can also use the advanced settings below. Otherwise, just stick with the default.
7. Hit the Start button to start your converting job. Basically, there isn’t anything you can do now but to wait for the converting job to complete.
8. Once the file is already converted, just transfer over to your device and that’s it.
Basically, ripping a DVD is not difficult. The main problem I would say is people usually try very hard to look for a free converter which it does not really work most of the time. If you would like to check out my official review on this product, just head over to WinX DVD Ripper Platinum Review.