3 Super Simple Phones

This is a guest post by Mike. If you are interested to guest post in this blog, just head over to the Guest Post Guidelines.

Make it simple.

Phones were created to make things simple for people. An enormous step ahead of the telegram, the phone promised to deliver one person’s words to another without complications.

So then why are today’s phones more confusing than ever? Users have to shuffle through endless folders and files just to do something basic.

Who are simple phones good for?

When people get past their desire to impress others or be up-to-date on inconsequential things, they realize that their needs are basic. An easy-to-use device is good for anyone who wants to get things done without hassle. Seniors in particular can benefit from a simple phone.

Here are 3 super simple phones for seniors:

1) iBall

The iBall doesn’t just look simple, it is simple. Its soft design and contoured edges feel great in your hand. The phone is light in both weight and complexity. Large numbers allow for speedy dialing. Many of today’s phones have very small numbers and letters, making it difficult to dial.

Not the iBall. The Indian company has backed off on frills and reintroduced a once-important quality: simplicity.

– Features: Amplified sound, 3.5 hours of talk time, FM radio.
– Price: $50-75.

2) Jitterbug

The Jitterbug focuses all its energy on usability and assistance. Every time you open the phone, it automatically accesses the help guide. Audible menus aid the hearing-impaired, and a backlit keypad makes dialing in the dark possible.

The Jitterbug doesn’t mess around with fancy designs. It sticks to the most basic color of all: black.

– Features: User-friendly software, no-contract plans, operator assistance.

– Price: $125-150.

3) Sanyo

Sprint has managed to keep its head above the rising cell phone waters by recognizing the importance of simplicity. All of their phones, even the advanced ones, are based on a straightforward layout.

Everything is easy to find on the Sanyo. The phone has no back alleys or side streets to navigate. If you need something, it’s just a few clicks away. The functions are easily customized, and the buttons are well-spaced.

– Features: 6 hours of talk time, audio quality.
– Price: $200-230.

Despite all the incredible advances in communication technology, a phone is still just a button-pushing talk system. A simple phone should require only three things from a senior:

1) Remove from pocket,

2) dial phone number

3) talk.

About the Author: Thsi article is written by Mike. You can catch him at @thetechlegend.

1. Get Your Google+ Invitation Pass in 4 Simple Steps
  2. McAfee Works Hard to Secure Phones
  3. Simple Steps to Protect your Mobile Internet Connection from Intruders

1. Peter Lee

These phones will definitely make my parents happy. I just bought myself a Samsung Galaxy S2, then I gave my Samsung Galaxy Mini to my mom and she refused to take it. Smartphones are just too complicated for her 😛
    Peter Lee recently posted..Why an External Hard Drive is Important to YouMy Profile

2. mdenise says:

I have personally tried using the iBall and I must say, it is one smart phone. I think it is designed for senior citizen users because it even has that SOS button at the back – that button is sync to a specific person who can respond to your notification immediately. Who said smart phones should be complicated? LOL.

3. Bethany says:

Hi Mike, I agree that there’s a place for simple to use phones. I know my father thinks the technology on my iPhone is impressive, but he said he couldn’t see himself owning such a phone as he doesn’t need the functionality it offers, I think he finds it confusing too.

However something like the iBall would be ideal, it seems simple to use, has big numbers and has amplified sound. I suppose these phones are good for any network?
    Bethany recently posted..Getting Back With Your Ex After a Break-UpMy Profile

4. Leslie says:

I havent heard of the iball but it sounds interesting. Has anyone heard of the SVC? I believe its senior value cellphone.. Basically I am looking for the MOST SIMPLE phone out there with the best price for my grandfather. His hands are shaky and eyes aren’t the best and I have been looking up all of these phones and it seems like the SVC suits him the best but I’d love to hear some comments. The price is the lowest out of all of them ( seven dollars a month) plus the phone really is compatible for a senior with its large screen, numbers, and hearing aid compatibility. Any thoughts from anyone?

5. Easy Tips says:

Older people doesn’t get used to smartphones usually. They prefer simple phones like these.
    Easy Tips recently posted..How To Disable UAC In Windows 8My Profile

6. mercia says:

We were looking for new phones for ourselves and came upon this. What doesn’t seem to be here and should be is the Tracfone SVC.(Samsung 155t). I am very much a senior 78years old and talk from experience. The SVC is so simple to use and so cleverly designed that it doesn’t make me feel simple (if you know what I mean). Both my friend and I have decided to stick to what we have with the SVC. We know that with Tracfone there is reliability, it is easy on the purse and neither of us have had a problem. I suggest that you put them on this page

7. super shopper says:

Thank you very much for the advice that you gave on the Tracfone SVC. I have found the phone so simple to use, as you said, and I only paid $15 for it. The service costs me $7 a month. I am now trying to convince all my buddies to purchase a SVC. If it wasn’t for you Mercia I wouldn’t have known!