I had previously written about the symptoms of a computer infected with virus. In this post, I would like to extend my topic with a solution. The provided solution is a step by step guide on how to remove the infection from your computer which you suspected or detected from your antivirus scan.
But before you begin your delete or removal process, ensure that you already had all your data backup so that you won’t lose them if you had accidentally made any critical mistake. Once you had your backup plans ready, head to step #1.
The steps on how to remove virus
- Do a thorough scan or full system scan or what ever that your antivirus call it. Make sure that you have a reliable antivirus to do this job. For this initial scan, our aim is to search for the Malware. The reason I call this step to search for Malware is simply because I’m sure you failed to remove them at this step and that is why you are reading this post for a better removal process.
- If you found the malware, just copied down the location of the Malware to ensure that your removal process later will get the Malware removed. Otherwise, if you can’t get anything from this scan, not to worry because you have more guides ahead of you.
- Use MalwareBytes to do the work now. About a year ago, I wrote a review on this anti-Malware which is free and useful against Malware. Remember that if you are using a free version of MalwareBytes, you need to update your software manually before running a full system scan.
- If you still failed to get rid off the infection, it is time to go to Safe Mode to do the job. Before connecting to Safe Mode, ensure that your antivirus is already updated. Once you are in Safe Mode, run the antivirus scan to remove the Malware.
- If you still fail over here, this means that the Malware is something worth spending your money to get rid off. It is either you spend some money for a premium antivirus and reach the support department to remove it or do format on your hard disk.
Final Say on How to Remove Virus
Security is an end to end process where you need to have everything in place to ensure your system is secure enough. That is why I wrote an eBook regarding computer security tips for all these tedious stuff. Apart from that, I had a post explaining what is computer security to get you started.
Before I end this post, I knew that I missed out the cheap way to clean up an infection. It is really cheap but not practical which is to format your hard disk. I would not recommend this but if you don’t have any other choice, then I guess formatting is the right choice.
What about the others? Drop your comments below if you have a better way on how to remove virus?