Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 introduced the Hybrid Protection where it will make use of the cloud computing to secure your computer. Cloud computing is going to be the future of many applications and it is really interesting to be able to witness how Kaspersky Internet Security make use of the cloud computing in their security software.
Before the introduction of the cloud, antivirus relies heavily on the computer resources where everything will be stored and process on a single computer. The term ‘Hybrid protection’ comes into the scene where it means that the Kaspersky Internet Security will make use of the cloud computing technology together with the computer resources to protect the computer.
This means that part of the task will be dedicated to the cloud and it will also reduce the number of task processed on the computer. As a result, Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 will use less resources in protection and increases the security rating greatly all thanks to the cloud computing.
What’s inside the Cloud of Kaspersky Internet Security?
Kaspersky Internet Security Cloud Protection uses the Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) where it connects all the users of this software around world. As I am capturing the screen, you will be able to see that there are over 1.4 million users who are protected with the Cloud and over 9 million threats were neutralized during the last 24 hours.
The other interesting part of the Kaspersky Internet Security Cloud Protection is that the cloud stores all the data whether it is safe, dangerous or still in processing. In other words if someone reported some dangerous data, it will be immediately sent to the cloud and alert all the user. You don’t have to wait anymore for the next antivirus update to get the information of the newly reported dangerous data.
How the Cloud can be useful to the Kaspersky Internet Security users?
The Kaspersky Cloud protection can be very useful to the users in many ways such as the points mentioned below.
- The computer resources usage of the Kaspersky Internet Security suite is greatly reduced. This is my personal user experience as I had reduced my Windows start up time by 50% with just a simple switch from the 2011 version to the 2012.
- You get the latest virus definition instantaneously. Without having to wait for the next antivirus update, you get the definition straight away from the cloud.
- The cloud is up 24×7. Unless you lost your internet connection, otherwise the Kaspersky Cloud is highly available.
- You get to submit potential threat to the Kaspersky lab to help the others. By having you to submit the potential threat, it helps all the cloud users because it will also alert the others if the submitted threat is marked as dangerous.
- The more the merrier. The more users in the cloud, the more robust the antivirus protection is going to be because more information is going to flow into the cloud for processing.
Using the Kaspersky Internet Security Cloud protection is not a mandatory thing in the software as you can manually disable it. However there is no reason at all not to use the Cloud protection. The only reason for you not to use the Cloud protection is when you don’t have internet connectivity. If you have the interest to purchase the Kaspersky Internet Security suite to join the cloud and make the antivirus more robust, just head over to that link to get your copy now.
If you are looking for more tips and tricks on the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012, just go to the link over here.