This Comodo Firewall review is to list down the pros and cons of the software, or should I say advantages and disadvantages. I had made a review on Comodo Firewall before and it appears that this piece of firewall can be quite a good formidable defense to your operating system. If you are still using Windows XP or any older version of Windows, I believe the Windows firewall at that time was still not up to certain security standard and the Comodo Firewall is quite a good replacement on the firewall side. However if you are a Windows Vista user or newer, the Comodo Firewall might not boost as much security as the older Windows. Security in Windows Vista and above had increased a lot and the only thing that Comodo Firewall can out-rank their firewall is to provide more features. Let’s not waste anymore time and head to the pros and cons of the Comodo Firewall.
Comodo Firewall – The Good and The Bad
- Initial problems in accessing web based services such as Gmail and Google Readers.
- Too many alerts and pop ups.
- Less user friendly than other firewalls.
- The brand is not well known and hence not many people can put their trust on this product.
- Sandbox technology can prevent certain valid application from installing.
- Has a mediocre malware detection and not very good in cleaning up the infections.
- It is totally FREE.
- It has a minimal system drag.
- Can choose to only install the firewall.
- Sandbox technology prevents unknown from doing harm.
- It includes behavior-based detection.
- Has SecureDNS that blocks dangerous site at the DNS level.
- Effective in keeping malware out of a clean system.
Comodo Firewall Review – The Verdict
Comodo Firewall is a free software and there is totally no harm trying it out. Especially if you are a user who does not have any security software at all even for a simple antivirus, you should give this a try but do check out my Comodo Firewall review first. If you already have an antivirus, a very basic one that does not come with a firewall, you can also use the Comodo Firewall only on top of your antivirus. The main thing here is, do give a comparison of your current security feature with what Comodo Firewall can provide based on the pros and cons.